The Churches of Britain and Ireland
Although previously listed as a former Chapel on Dean Row Road, Finney Green, this building was a school. It had closed by 1971, and is now a nursery. Identification by Janet Gimber. SJ 865 821. © Mike Berrell.
Former Chapel at H.M. Prison, Styal, which is now used as a gym. SJ 842 828. © Mike Berrell.
Former Chapel on Holly Lane, now in secular use, Hollinlane. Janet Gimber has advised that this shows as "Episcopal Chapel" on a map of 1876. It maintains the same footprint until the map of 1954 (though now labelled only as "Church"). It was evidently extended before the map of 1968-70, and the label is now for All Saints Church (CoE). The photo shows the newer part of the building. SJ 839 844. © Mike Berrell.
Previously listed as a former Chapel on Wilmslow Road, Handforth, Janet Gimber has demonstrated that this was a Sunday School, possbibly for the nearby St. Mary's Wesleyan Methodist Chapel (see below). SJ 857 842. © Mike Berrell.
The former Brook Lane Baptist Chapel, now a private residence - identified by Janet Gimber. SJ 832 792. © Bruce Read.
Mortuary Chapel in Wilmslow Cemetery, Manchester Road, Finney Green. SJ 852 824. © Mike Berrell.
Another view, © Bruce Read.
St. Teresa (R.C.) on Green Lane. SJ 848 811. © Mike Berrell.
Styal Methodist Church at Farmfold, Styal. Interior view. SJ 837 835. Both © Mike Berrell. Since Mike took these photos, the chapel has been re-decorated - two further views - 1, 2, both © Mike Berrell (2011).
17 February 2018
© Steve BulmanContact Details