The Churches of Britain and Ireland
Catholic Church of the Sacred Heart, off Station Road. Circa SD 470 982. © George Weston. Since George visited, the building has been converted to residential use.
The former Primitive Methodist Chapel on Main Street, which was closed in 1932 and was redeveloped for residential use in 1973. At that time, the small steel bell (by Naylor Vickers of Sheffield) in the bellcote was removed, and given to Kevin Price. He donated it to another church in 1998 after their bell was stolen, but it has subsequently been returned to Kevin for safe keeping. SD 4173 9813. © Kevin Price (2020). As recently as 2009, when the Streetview van went past, the building still retained its bellcote.
The former Wesleyan Chapel, now used as business premises. SD 4703 9852. © George Weston.
15 August 2020
© Steve BulmanContact Details