The Churches of Britain and Ireland

St. Neots, Cambridgeshire                 

St. Neots on Wikipedia.
 

The Baptist Church on New Street. Another view. TL 1835 6039. Both Janet Gimber (2019).

Berkley Street Methodist Church at Eynesbury. The 25" O.S. map of 1901 shows it as Primitive Methodist. It pre-dates a map of 1889. TL 1849 5973. Janet Gimber (2019). Link.

Eaton Ford Methodist Church on St. Neots Road, Eaton Ford. Janet Gimber (2019). Link.

The former Eaton Socon Methodist Church on Great North Road is now residential. It was originally Wesleyan. TL 1692 5859. Its grade II listing dates it to circa 1850, and includes the odd comment "Included for curiosity value". Janet Gimber (2019).

Evangelical Church on Cambridge Street. Janet Gimber (2019). Link.

The former Gospel Hall on New Street is now in commercial use. It pre-dates the 25" O.S. map of 1901. TL 1831 6050. Janet Gimber (2019).

Open Door Church Centre on St. Neots Road. Janet wasn't sure whether this was used for services, or was just an office for the church. Can you advise? Janet Gimber (2019).

River Church meets in the Eaton (Community) Centre on The Maltings. Janet Gimber (2019).

St. Joseph (R.C.) on East Street. It was originally a General Baptist Church. Two interior views - 1, 2. TL 1876 6046. All Janet Gimber (2019). Link.

St. Mary the Virgin. Another view. TL 1846 6016. Both Jim Rushton. Two of the interior - 1, 2, both Janet Gimber (2019). Link. Grade I listed.

St. Mary the Virgin on Great North Road, Eaton Socon. Another view. TL 1704 5887. Both Janet Gimber (2019). Link. Grade II* listed.

St. Mary the Virgin on Berkely Street, Eynesbury. TL 1838 5984. Janet Gimber (2019). Link. Grade II* listed.

Spiritualist Church meets in the St Neots & District Voluntary Welfare Association Community Centre on Church Walk. Janet Gimber (2019).

The U.R.C. on Moore's Walk was originally Congregational, of 1888. Another view. TL 1843 6037. Both Janet Gimber (2019). Link, and some history here.

The site of a vanished Wesleyan Methodist Chapel, off Huntingdon Street. A photo of it is available here, where it says it was demolished in the 1960's, and another source dates it to a re-build of 1868 of an earlier chapel of 1794. TL 1851 6038. Janet Gimber (2019).

 

 

 

Home

07 February 2021

Steve Bulman

Contact Details