The Churches of Britain and Ireland
|St. Ives, Cornwall
Churches in Halsetown.
Barnoon Gospel Hall on Bowling Green Terrace. SW 517 407. © Paul E. Barnett (2014).
Bible Christian Chapel (1858). SW 518 408. © David Gallimore.
A former Bible Christian Chapel, now in use as a Methodist Hall. SW 516 408. © Paul E. Barnett (2015).
Chapel of St. Leonard, traditionally used by the fishermen. SW 521 407. © David Gallimore.
The former Gospel Hall on Trenwith Lane. SW 511 401. © Paul E. Barnett (2014).
Former Mariners Church, now an Art Gallery (The St. Ives Society of Artists) on Fore Street. SW 518 408. © David Gallimore. Another view, © James Murray (2009). Link. Another view, © Paul E. Barnett (2014).
St. Ia. SW 517 405. From an old postcard in Steve Bulman's Collection. A modern view, © David Gallimore. Another view, © James Murray (2009), and two others - 1, 2, both © Paul E. Barnett (2014). The church has a sun-dial, and the "lantern cross", both © Paul E. Barnett (2018). Link.
St. Nicholas. The wall plaque says it was partially destroyed by the War Office in 1904, and restored in 1911 and 1970. Another view. SW 519 412. Both © David Gallimore. The plaque, © Paul E. Barnett (2014). Link.
Salvation Army. SW 518 406. © David Gallimore.
United Methodist Community Church on Bedford Street. SW 517 404. © David Gallimore.
The former Wesleyan Chapel, now in use as a theatre. SW 516 404. © Paul E. Barnett (2014).
Probable former church on Chapel Street. I've tried tweaking the photo to bring out the text on the sign, but can't read it. Possibly Methodist? SW 517 403. © James Murray (2009). Janet Gimber has advised that this was a Methodist New Connexion Chapel - showing as such on a map of 1878. By 1908 it was a "Drill Hall". She has also provided this link, which has a photo which shows that it has been renovated since James took his photo, and it is now in commercial use.
12 November 2019
© Steve BulmanContact Details