Kempston on Wikipedia.
All Saints at Church End. TL 0153 4799. ©
Bedfordshire and Luton Archives & Records Service (2007).
Another view, and
interior view, both from old postcards in Judy
Flynn's Collection. Link.
Church of God of Prophecy (Bunyan Road Christian Fellowship)
on Bunyan Road, as seen by Streetview in 2018.
Church of Our Lady
(R.C.) on Hillgrounds Road and Bedford Road, as seen by Streetview in
Church of the Transfiguration (1938-40).
TL 0346 4794. © Bedfordshire and Luton Archives & Records Service (2007).
A 2009 Streetview provide
Grade II listed.
Kempston East Methodist Church
on Bedford Road was built as Wesleyan in 1904. TL 0323 4789. From an old postcard
in Judy Flynn's Collection. A
Link has some
Kempston West Methodist Church on High Street was seen by
Streetview in 2020. It stands on the site of an earlier Wesleyan
Methodist Chapel. TL 0262 4744.
The 25" O.S. map of 1901 shows a
Mission Hall on Duncombe Street. A
shows it with a sign announcing Duncombe Street Gospel Hall,
though this had gone by
2012 - zooming in will show a date-stone for 1898.
St. John at Up End closed in 1940, and was demolished in 1965. It was succeeded by the
Church of the Transfiguration. TL 0288 4741. From an old postcard in Judy Flynn's Collection.