The Churches of Britain and Ireland
All Saints (CoE), on Church Street South, Old Glossop. SK 041 949. © Mike Berrell. Two interior views - 1, 2, and examples of modern and medieval stained glass windows, all © Mike Berrell (2012). Link.
Former Congregational Chapel (1884) on Brookfield, Dinting. SK 012 953. © Mike Berrell (2011).
Gamesley Church Centre (CoE), serving the United Benefice of Charlesworth, Gamesley & Dinting Vale. Also houses the Geoffrey Allen Church & County Centre. Located at Gamesley, it opened in 1970. SK 011 946. © Mike Berrell. Interior view, © Mike Berrell (2014).
The former Methodist Chapel (aka the Tin Chapel), on Princess Street, now in secular use. SK 029 938. © Mike Berrell.
Mortuary Chapel in Glossop Cemetery, Cemetery Road. SK 035 958. © Mike Berrell.
The former Mount Pleasant U.R.C., formerly Mount Pleasant Congregational Church, dating from 1868(?) was being converted into flats in early 2011. SK 032 938. © Mike Berrell.
The former Primitive Methodist Chapel (1855) on Shrewsbury Street. © Sandy Calder.
St. Mary Crowned (R.C.), on Sumner Street. SK 030 939. © Mike Berrell. Another view, © Mike Berrell (2011). Two interior views - 1, 2, and a plaque commemorating some of the local catholic martyrs, all © Mike Berrell (2012). Link.
The former St. Peter and St. Paul Mission (now in secular use), on High Street West. SK 033 941. © Mike Berrell.
Former Salvation Army Hall, now in industrial use. © Rob Brettle.
The former Unitarian Chapel (now in secular use), on Talbot Street. SK 382 948. © Mike Berrell.
Former Wesleyan Chapel (1813) on Wesley Street, Old Glossop, now in secular use. SK 043 949. © Mike Berrell (2011).
Zion Methodist Church, formerly the Methodist New Connexion Zion Chapel, dating from 1860, on Simmondley Lane. SK 022 942. © Mike Berrell. Two interior views - 1, 2, and a window, all © Mike Berrell (2011).
Former Chapel (1893) on Howard Street, now in secular use. Janet Gimber has been researching this building. The car park to the left was originally the site of a Wesleyan Reform church. Demolished at some point, a second church replaced it, but that too was demolished in 1965. The present building was originally a Sunday School. SK 034 943. © Mike Berrell (2012). Link (scroll down).
17 February 2018
© Steve Bulman