The Churches of Britain and Ireland

  Deiniolen, Gwynedd

Deiniolen on Wikipedia.
 

The demolished Capel Disgwylfa stood at SH 5777 6298. A 2009 Streetview of the site. Its Coflein entry dates it to 1864.

Capel Libanus stands at SH 5749 6306. A 2011 Streetview. The Coflein entry dates it to 1877.

Cefn-y-Waun (Calvinistic Methodist) can be seen in the Streetview (at right) in the Eglwys Crist entry (below), and in another view here. SH 5855 6300. The Coflein entry, which has numerous photos, gives dates of 1838, with a re-build in 1868. Grade II listed.

Ebenezer Chapel, or Capel Ebeneser (Welsh Congregational). Also known locally as Capal Eban. SH 5787 6324. Martin Briscoe. Previously listed as demolished, thanks to Eric Jones for advising that the chapel is still in use as a united chapel. The Coflein entry, which provides dates of 1823 for its foundation, and 1858 for a re-build.

Eglwys Crist (Christ Church, CiW) stands at SH 5840 6305, and can be seen on a 2009 Streetview here. The Coflein entry gives a building date of 1857. Grade II listed.

The demolished Maesydref Independent Chapel stood at SH 5731 6314. Built in 1879 (Coflein entry), Streetview in 2009 shows a house under construction.

The demolished Tabernacle Wesleyan Methodist Chapel (1860) stood at SH 5786 6307. A 2011 Streetview shows the site. Coflein entry.

 

 

 

 
 

Home

10 November 2019

Steve Bulman

Contact Details