The Churches of Britain and Ireland
Churches in Penparcau.
Alfred Place English Baptist Church. © Graeme Harvey.
The former Capel Bach Unitarian Chapel, now in residential use. © Gerard Charmley (2011).
Former Chapel, now a doctor's surgery. Thanks to Mike Berrell and the Aberystwyth Tourist Information Service for advising that this building was originally the English Congregational Church, built in the 1860's. Subsequently U.R.C., it was sold in the early 1980's when extensive dry rot was discovered. © Graeme Harvey. Another view. © Gerard Charmley (2011).
The former Congregational Chapel, which was replaced by Seion (see below). © Gerard Charmley.
Although previously listed as All Saints, Gareth Dancer advises that this is in fact Eglwys y Saintes Fair (St. Mary), on Gray's Inn Road. © Graeme Harvey. Another view. © Gerard Charmley (2010). Link.
Holy Trinity Church (CiW). © Gerard Charmley (2010).
Our Lady of the Angels, St. Winefride's Catholic Church. © Graeme Harvey. Gerard Charmley suspects that this church is no longer used (subsidence), and that the Aberystwyth Catholic congregation now meet at St. Padarn (see below).
Presbyterian Chapel. © Graeme Harvey.
St. Michael and All Angels (1886-90). SN 5807 8161. © Graeme Harvey. Another view, two of the interior - 1, 2, a memorial, two windows - 1, 2, and the font, all © Chris Stafford (2014). Link. Grade II listed.
St. Padarn (R.C.), which was previously the church hall to St. Winifrede (see above). © Gerard Charmley (2014).
Salvation Army. © Graeme Harvey.
Little survives of the former Seilo Welsh Presbyterian Chapel other than its hall. © Gerard Charmley (2010). Another fragment is a former turret, with the seal of the Calvinistic Methodist Church. © Gerard Charmley (2011).
The former Siloam Wesleyan Methodist Chapel. © Gerard Charmley (2010).
The former Unitarian Chapel (disused) on New Street. © Gerard Charmley.
The former Wesleyan Methodist Chapel on Queen Street, now a store. © Gerard Charmley.
04 March 2023
© Steve Bulman