South Lanarkshire on Wikipedia.
Ashgill, Rorison Memorial
Church (CoS). © Alan Matthew (2012).
Biggar, Biggar Kirk (CoS). A difficult church to photograph well. Two additional views -
1, 2. Closed when I visited, this
link has interior views. NT 040 379.
Link1. Link2. The
nearby Moat Park Heritage Centre
is the former Moat Park Church (1865). Its various denominations can be
followed on old maps, and Janet Gimber advises that these include UP
Church (1897, presumably United Presbyterian), UF Church (1910, United
Free), the unhelpful "Church" (1940), and Gillespie Moat Park Church (CoS) in 1975. NT 039 378.
Link. The former
Gillespie Church, now the Gillespie Centre. It closed before 1977 (see
link). Old maps
show the following - South UP Church (1858), Ch. (1897), UF Ch. (1910),
Ch. (1940), and in 1975 as Ch. Hall. This is presumably the Church Hall
for Moat Park Church. Circa NT 041 377. All © Steve
Chapelton, the Parish Church
(CoS). Link. The former
Chapelton Evangelical Church,
now a private residence. Both © Adam Schofield (2014).
Dalserf, Dalserf Parish Church (CoS) on Kirk Road. Another view.
Both © Adam Schofield (2014). Link.
Douglas, St. Bride. The
clock is reputedly a gift from
Mary, Queen of Scots; the tower dates from 1618. A newer St. Bride
(1781-2) stands a short distance away - details
here. NS 836 310. Both © Howard Richter (2014).
Link2 (with lots of photos).
Grade A listed.
Glassford, Church of Scotland (1820). NS 725 470.
Grade B listed. The ruins of the
Old Parish Church. Another view. NS 732 470.
Grade B listed. All © Adam Schofield (2014).
Leadhills, Lowther Parish
Church (CoS). Howard Richter advises that this is labelled as a Free
Church on old maps. NS 8853 1476. The former
Plymouth Brethren Meeting
Hall (so identified here). The sign says
"Ebenezer Hall". NS 8854 1485. Both
© Steve Bulman (2019).
Howard Richter has pointed out that old maps also show another church
at NS 8859 1514, on Ramsay Road. It was labelled as Chapel in
1894, and Church in 1910. Since demolished, its site can be seen
on a 2009 Streetview.
Can you advise its denomination?
New Lanark, the former chapel, now in use as the village hall.
Another view. Circa NS 880 426. Both
© Steve Bulman (2013).
Quarter, Parish Church (CoS, 1884) on Limekilnburn Road. © Adam Schofield (2014).
Grade B listed.
Rutherglen, the Old Parish Church,
which was consecrated in 1902, was the fourth to be built on the site. NS
612 617. © Hugh Millar. The church
website also has
images of the second and third churches.