Aberdeenshire on Wikipedia.
Aboyne, Aboyne-Dinnett Parish Church (Church of Scotland).
Another view. NO 5248 9831. Both ©
John Mackie (2010). Link.
St. Margaret (R.C.) stands a little way to
the north, at NO 5253 9852. It can be seen
here in 2011
source dates it to the 1870's. St. Thomas'
Episcopal Church stands further west at NO 5203 9857, and is
here (includes photos) to 1907-9. Almost completely screened
by trees from the Streetview van, this
only shows the lych-gate. A Free Church
(later United Free) is marked on the 25" O.S. map of 1900, at NO 5279
9837, on Charlestown Road. Seen
here in 2011, South
United Free Church (as it now is) is dated by this
source to 1859.
Alford, Howe Trinity Church of Scotland.
Alford West Kirk (CoS). NJ
575 165. Both © John Mackie.
Auchterless. © Bill McKenzie.
Ballater, Glenmuick Church (CoS). ©
Bill McKenzie. Two further views - 1, 2, and an
interior view, all © Alan Blacklock.
Banchory, Banchory Ternan West Church (CoS). Link.
St. Ternan (Episcopal). Both © Alan Blacklock.
Banff, the Parish Church (CoS). © Alex Parker. Link.
Birse, Church of Scotland. NO 554
973. © John Mackie (2010).
Bondlie, the ruins of St. Brandan. © Martin
Boyndie, the ruins of the parish church. © Martin
Cabrach. 37 NJ 386 267. ©
Catterline, St. Philip. © Derek Robertson.
Cluny, Church of Scotland (near
Cluny Castle, Monymusk). NJ 685 115. © John Mackie.
Corgarff, Church of Scotland (1834). NJ 279 083. © John Mackie (2011).
Coull, Church of Scotland. NJ 511
024. © John Mackie (2010).
Crathie (CoS). © Bill
McKenzie. An old engraving (1800's). From Colin Waters' Collection. An old postcard view from Reg Dosell's Collection.
Two further views - 1, 2, both © Alan Blacklock.
Crimond, Parish Church (1812, CoS) on Logie Avenue. © Jim Parker (2013).
Link, which mentions that the clock has
61 minutes, though whether by accident or design it doesn't say. .
Cruden Bay, St. James the Less (1842-3, Scottish Episcopal) on Chapel Hill. Linked with St, Mary in Ellon.
Congregational Church on Main Street, also known as Port Errol Congregational Church, was opened in 1884.
Link2, which suggests it may be
closed. Both © Jim Parker (2013).
Drum, the chapel at
Drum Castle. © Bill McKenzie.
parish church. The old parish church, St. Talorgan.
Both © Martin Briscoe.
Gamrie, the former
United Free Church of Scotland. © Martin Briscoe. NJ 807 631.
Gardenstown, the ruins of St. John. © Martin
Briscoe. Church of Scotland. NJ8064. © Rev. Donald N. Martin.
Garvock, Parish Church. © Derek
Glengairn, Glengairn Parish
NJ 299 011. © Bill Henderson (2017).
Keig, Church of Scotland. NJ 611 192. © John Mackie.
Kildrummy, the Parish Church
(1805). The remains of the earlier, medieval, chapel stand in the
graveyard. NJ 472 176. © Martin Richter (2013).
(for the present church, numerous photos).
Grade A listed.
Link, for its predecessor. A photo of the font, in the present
church, but transferred from the medieval church, is available
Kincardine O'Neil, ruined church of St. Mary.
Both © Joyce Laing. Link.
Church of Scotland.
© John Mackie. Christ
Church (Scottish Episcopal). © John Mackie.
Kinneff, the Parish Church. Kinneff Old Church.
Link. Both © Derek Robertson.
Kirkton of Tough, Tough Church of
Scotland. The fine war memorial.
NJ 615 125. Both © John Mackie.
Kirk. © Tommy Crocket.
parish church. © Martin Briscoe. A more recent view following redecoration. © David Randall (the Minister).
Lumphanan, Church of Scotland.
NJ 583 048. © John Mackie (2010).
Migvie, Church of Scotland. NJ 436
068. © John Mackie (2010).
Monymusk (CoS). NJ 685 155. ©
John Mackie. Link.
St. Drostan. © Martin Briscoe.
New Deer, St. Kane. © Joyce Laing. Link.
Peathill, Pitsligo Old Kirk. NJ 934
662. © Martin Briscoe.
Pennan, the disused
church at Auchmedden. © Martin Briscoe.
Portsoy, St. John the Baptist (Episcopal). The
former parish church at Shillinghill.
Fordyce Parish Church, NJ 588 659. All © Martin
Rathen, Rathen West Parish Church (CoS, 1867-70). © Jim Parker (2013).
Stonehaven, Fetteresso Church (CoS), on Bath Street. © Noreen Drinkwater. Link.
The former St. John (CoS,
1859) on Evan Street, now in use as a library. It is shown on maps of
various dates as follows - 1864, St. John's Church (Chapel of Ease);
1924, St. John's Church; 1967, Fetteresso Church Hall; 1976-7, unnamed;
1990, Library. It ceased to be used as a Church Hall when the new
Fetteresso Church Hall was opened in 1970. NO 872 859. © Martin
Strathdon, Church of Scotland.
NJ 352 131. © John Mackie (2010).
Tarland, St. Moluag (CoS). NJ 484 046. © John Mackie (2010).
Tarves, Church of Scotland. © Joyce Laing.
Torphins. © Bill
McKenzie. Parish Church (CoS). © John
Tough - see Kirkton of Tough, above.