The Churches of Britain and Ireland

 

Placename Index, V

Val de la Mare, Jersey, Bethesda Methodist Church. Alan Perchard.
Vale of Lune, Cumbria, St. Gregory, about a mile west of Sedbergh. In the care of the Churches Conservation Trust. Pamela Weston. Another view. Peter Amsden. Interior view. One of several superb windows. Both Steve Bulman. SD 634 922.
Varteg, Torfaen, the former Wesleyan Methodist Chapel, now in use as Varteg Community Centre. Janet Gimber (2014).
Vatersay (island), Western Isles, Our Lady of the Waves and St. John (R.C., 1913) at NL 646 961. Two interior views - 1, 2. All Tim Flitcroft (2013). Link.
Vaynor, Merthyr Tydfil, St. Gwynno. Compare with photos on this link - whatever happened to the spire?
Gerard Charmley.

Venn Ottery, Devon, St. Gregory the Great (interior view). SY 0787 9117. Heath Nickels (2018). The grade II* listing includes an exterior photo.
Ventnor, IOW., Holy Trinity. From an old postcard in Reg Dosell's Collection.
Vernham Dean, Hampshire, St. Mary. Interior view. SU 349 569. Link. Grade II listed. Gospel Hall. SU 340 565. Link. All Chris Kippin (2018).
Verwood, Dorset.
Veryan, Cornwall,
St. Symphorian on Green Lane. SW 916 395. Derek Jordan. Another view. A holy well stands in the churchyard (grade II listing). Both Paul E. Barnett (2016). Link. Grade I listed. The former Trewartha Chapel stands nearby at SW 925 396. It is now in residential and commercial use. Jo Lewis.
Veryan Green, Cornwall, the ruins of the former Ebenezer Bible Christian Chapel. There is a record of it having been offered for sale in the 1950's. SW 921 404. Jo Lewis.

Vicarstown, Co. Laois, Church of the Assumption (1841). Another view. Both Martin Thompson.
Victoria Park, Manchester, Greater Manchester.
Vidlin, Mainland, Shetland, Methodist Church, and an interior view, both Tim Flitcroft (2012). Link.
Virginia Water, Surrey, Christ Church. Margaret Woodley.

Voe (near Tagon), Mainland, Shetland, the ruins of Olnafirth Kirk (1714). Voe Kirk (CoS). Another view. All Tim Flitcroft (2012).
Vowchurch, Herefordshire, St. Bartholomew. Another view. Interior view. All James Murray. The former Primitive Methodist Chapel. It pre-dates the O.S. map of 1887. It appears to have closed many years ago, and been converted to use as a garage, or similar. A somewhat distant 2011 Streetview suggests that nothing much has changed since Paul took his photo. Another view. SO 3625 3650. Both Paul Wood (2001). Link.

 

 

 
 

Home

18 March 2020

Steve Bulman

Contact Details