The Churches of Britain and Ireland

March, Cambridgeshire

March on Wikipedia.


The cemetery on Station Road has a double Cemetery Chapel of (1867-8). They stand at either side of the spire, with carriage passage beneath. Two further views - 1, 2. TL 4198 9748. All Chris Stafford (2012). Grade II listed. The perimeter walls and gates are also listed as grade II, as is the lodge.

Centenary Baptist Church on High Street, as seen by Streetview in 2019. Genuki dates it to 1870. TL 4161 9638. Link.

An Independent Chapel shows on old maps on Creek Road at TL 4174 9688. Now demolished, Marwick House stands on the site, seen by Streetview in 2021.

Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses off High Street. TL 4171 9650. Steve Bulman (2012).

Our Lady of Good Counsel and St Peter (R.C.) on St. John's Road, as seen by Streetview in 2010. TL 4195 9717. Link.

A former Primitive Methodist Chapel stands adjacent to the Catholic Church on St. John's Road. It was seen by Streetview in 2019. Another P.M. Chapel stood on Station Road and Alpha Street at TL 4186 9728. It has been demolished and replaced by a house (Streetview 2021). A photo of it is available here, where mention is made of an earlier chapel, sold in 1885, but it isn't located.

Providence Baptist Church, on Burrowmoor Road, "Re-Built 1873". TL 4160 9642. Steve Bulman (2012). Link.

St. John the Evangelist on Station Road, consecrated in 1872. Another view, interior view, altar and font. TL 4196 9755. All Chris Stafford (2012). Link. Grade II listed.

St. Peter on High Street. Interior view. TL 4170 9645. Both Steve Bulman (2012). Another view, entrance doorway and font, all Chris Stafford (2012). Link.

St. Wendreda (K), and its fabulous wooden roof. TL 4151 9521. Both Janice Tostevin. Two interior views - 1, 2, and a window, all Chris Stafford (2015). Link. Grade I listed. Several tombs in the churchyard are listed separately here.

Trinity Church (Methodist and U.R.C.) stands on High Street, and was seen by Streetview in 2016. Older maps label it as Wesleyan, and Genuki dates it to 1889. TL 4161 9625. Link.

 

 

 

 

Home

04 March 2023

Steve Bulman

Contact Details