The Churches of Britain and Ireland
Highgate, Greater London
All Saints on Talbot Road and Church Road. © Derek West. Link.
The former Baptist Tabernacle on Southwood Lane is now used as Highgate School Museum. TQ 2839 8756. © Derek West. Its grade II listing mentions a previous Presbyterian Chapel of 1662 on the same site, but doesn't give a date for the Baptist.
Highgate International Church on Archway Road. TQ 2896 8768. © Derek West. According to the church website, it was previously Cholmeley Evangelical Church.
Highgate School Chapel on North Road. TQ 2835 8747. © Derek West. Grade II listed.
The former Methodist Church on Jacksons Lane and fronting onto the A1, now serves as an Arts Centre. It can be seen here on a 2019 Streetview, and a close-up here, © Derek West. TQ 2862 8803.
The former Presbyterian Church, now converted into flats. TQ 288 872. © Michael Bourne. This old postcard view (from Reg Dosell's Collection) shows how the church appeared when still in use as a church - note the spire. When was it taken down?
St. Andrew on Whitehall Park and Gladsmuir Road. TQ 2931 8726. © Derek West. Link.
St. Augustine of Canterbury (1885) on Archway Road and Hornsey Lane Gardens. TQ 2905 8756. © Derek West. Link. Grade II listed.
St. Joseph (R.C.). TQ 288 871. © Michael Bourne. An old postcard view, from Reg Dosell's Collection. Link.
04 March 2023
© Steve BulmanContact Details