The Churches of Britain and Ireland
Cemetery Chapel (1908) in the Claddfa Gyhoeddus Cemetery at Clawwdd Poncen. © Peter Morgan (2012).
Chapel. The plaque reads "Cernyw Addoldy Y Bedyddwyr". © Martin Briscoe.
Chapel at SJ 080 434. Rob Brettle has suggested that this may be the former Salvation Army meeting place at Heol Llundain. He understands that other groups also used this building after the Army vacated it. Janet Gimber's investigations suggest that this was London Road English Congregational Church (Heol Llundain being London Road). It opened in 1879 - some history here, on page 6. It doesn't mention the Army however. © Martin Briscoe.
Chapel at SJ 081 434. The inscription over the door indicates it was originally Wesleyan, and built in 1879. © Martin Briscoe.
Across the river from Corwen stands All Saints, or Eglwys Llangar, a remarkable chapel noted for its wall paintings and large number of table tombs. Another view. Two interior views - 1, 2, the pulpit, and the grim reaper. SJ 064 438. All © Peter Morgan (2013). Link.
Seion Calvinistic Methodist Chapel. The date-stone just above the door reads 1873 or 1875. © Gerard Charmley (2012).
The former Welsh Independent Chapel, abandoned when the congregation moved to Bethesda. © Gerard Charmley (2012).
14 November 2015
© Steve Bulman