The Churches of Britain and Ireland
Chadderton, Oldham, Greater Manchester
boundaries for this district seem somewhat variable, according to the source
consulted, so it may also be useful to consult the Hollinwood section on the
The former Chadderton P.S.A. (Pleasant Sunday Afternoon) Society and Working Mens' Mission, dating from 1919, on Melbourne Street. A Helping Hand above the door. SD 907 053. Both © Mike Berrell.
Emmanuel Church (CoE), on Chestnut St., dated 1910. SD 902 031. © Mike Berrell.
Healds Green Methodist Church (formerly Primitive Methodist Chapel), at Healds Green. SD 897 071. © Mike Berrell.
Mortuary Chapel in Chadderton Cemetery (1857), now disused. SD 903 057. © Mike Berrell.
The former St. Luke (1875-2008) on Buckley Street. SD 904 051. © Mike Berrell.
The former St. Saviour (dedicated 1962, closed 1986) on Denton Lane, now in secular use. It was preceded by a "tin church" (1910 dedication - 1962). SD 901 042. © Mike Berrell (2014).
St. Saviour, on Bishopsgate Street, Denton Lane, dates from 1986. Interior view. For several years before the opening, the congregation met in Christ Church School on Denton lane. SD 904 045. Both © Mike Berrell.
Shahporan Mosque and Islamic Centre on Garforth Street. SD 913 060. © Mike Berrell (2016).
South Chadderton Methodist Church on Thompson Lane. SD 903 038. © Mike Berrell.
The former United Methodist Chapel on Garforth Street, now in secular use. SD 913 059. © Mike Berrell.
03 June 2006
© Steve Bulman