The Churches of Britain and Ireland

  Fife

Fife on Wikipedia.


Aberdour, St. Fillan, the Parish Church (CoS) on Hawkcraig Road. Another view. Link1. Link2. The former Parish Church (1790) on High Street has served as the hall for St. Fillan since 1926. Link. St. Columba (Scottish Episcopal, circa 1845) on Inverkeithing Road. Link1. Link2. All Jim Parker (2013).
Anstruther.
Arncroach, Free Church on Main Street. Alex Parker.
Auchtermuchty.

Boarhills, the Parish Church (CoS). NO 564 136. Susan Sinclair. Link.
Buckhaven.
Burntisland.

Carnbee, Parish Church on Main Street. Alex Parker. Link.
Cardenden.
Cellardyke, the Parish Church (CoS) on Toll Road. NO 574 036. Susan Sinclair. Two further views - 1, 2, taken following some works to improve disabled access. Both Jim Parker (2011). Link.
Ceres, Parish Church on Kirk Brae. Alex Parker. Link.
Colinsburgh, Colinsburgh Parish Church (CoS) on Main Street. Jim Parker (2010). Link.
Collessie, Parish Church. Alex Parker. Link.
Cowdenbeath.
Crail, the Parish Church (CoS) on Marketgate. NO 614 079. Susan Sinclair. The former St. David on St. Andrew's Road, now Crail Community Hall. Jim Parker. Holy Trinity Roman Catholic Church on Westgate. Jim Parker. Not much remains of Crail Priory, but a stretch of wall and a gable end on Nethergate is supposed to be part of the boundary wall and chapel, according to this source. Jim Parker (2016).
Culross, the remains of Culross Abbey, on Kirk Street. An additional view. Link. Culross Abbey Church, on Kirk Street. Another view and an interior view. Link1. Link2. Culross Free Church (1847) on Low Causeway. Link. All Jim Parker (2012).
Cupar.

Dairsie, United Parish Church (CoS) on Main Street - united with St. John's, Cupar. Jim Parker (2009). Link. The Old Parish Church (St. Mary). Two further views - 1, 2, and the Session House. All Jim Parker (2016). Link.
Dalgety, St. Bridget's Kirk. Catriona Livingston. Link.
Dunfermline.
Dunino, Parish Church on Church Lane. Alex Parker.
Dysart, Kirkcaldy - see Kirkcaldy.

Earlsferry, the ruins of Chapel Ness Chapel. Another view, and a sign giving a little history - built by MacDuff, Earl of Fife, in 1093, and repaired 1830. All Jim Parker (2010).
East Wemyss, the former East Wemyss Parish Church (1936-7 to 2008, CoS) on Main Road. Link. The former St. Mary's by the Sea (CoS) on Main Street, now in residential use. According to this link, the church is C16, though the site is older still. It closed in 1976. Another view. All Jim Parker (2013).
Elie, the Parish Church, on High Street. Link. St. Michael and All Angels (Episcopal) on Rotten Row. Link. Both Jim Parker. The site of Wood Memorial Church (formerly Elie Free Church) on Bank Street. Jim Parker (2016). Link1, link2 (both have photos).

Falkland, the Parish Church (CoS, 1850). Another view. NO 252 074. Both Adam Schofield (2014). Link1. Link2. The Chapel Royal in Falkland Palace. Two interior views - 1, 2. All from Jim Parker's Collection. Link. Grade A listed (for the entire site).

Glenrothes.
Guardbridge, the former St. Saviour (Episcopal, 1900-1) on Main Street, now a private residence called Chapel House. Link. The former Parish Church, also on Main Street. Link. Both Jim Parker (2009).

Inchcolm Island, a distant view of Inchcolm Abbey. Jim Parker (2013). Link.
Isle of May, the ruins of St. Adrian's Chapel. Jim Parker (2016). Link.

Kelty.
Kennoway.
Kilconquhar, Kilconquhar Parish Church (CoS) on Main Street. Jim Parker (2010). Another view. Alex Parker. Link. The ruins of Old Kilconquhar Church, also on Main Street. Jim Parker (2010).
Kilrenny, the Parish Church on Main Street is linked with Cellardyke (above). Another view. Both Jim Parker. Link.
Kingsbarns, the Parish Church (CoS) on The Square. Another view. Both Jim Parker. The Session House stands in the churchyard. Jim Parker (2016). Link.
Kinghorn.
Kirkcaldy.

Ladybank.
Leslie.
Leuchars, St. Athernase (CoS) on Main Street - a most impressive-looking church. Derek Robertson. Two further views - 1, 2, both Jim Parker (2009), and two interior views - 1, 2, both Jim Parker (2011). Link. RAF Leuchars Station Church (multi-denominational) on Main Street. Jim Parker (2009). Link. The former Free Church (1895) on Main Street is now known as Henderson Hall. Jim Parker (2011). Link.
Leslie.
Leven.
Lochgelly.
Logie, near Cupar, the Kirk. A painting, dating from 1970. 59 NO 403 203. Both Susan Sinclair.
Lower Largo.

Markinch.
Methil.

Newport-on-Tay, Church of Scotland. Trinity United Free Church. Another view. St. Mary (Episcopalian). Another view. Link. All Alan Craxford.

Pathhead, Kirkcaldy - see Kirkcaldy.
Pickletillem, the former Forgan Parish Church (CoS), now in commercial use. It lies between Newport-on-Tay and Pickletillem on the A914. Another view. Lady Leng Memorial Chapel lies within Vicarsford Cemetery. NO 438 257. The ruins of St. Fillan (aka Forgan Old Parish Church). Two further views - 1, 2. NO 445 259. Link. All Jim Parker (2010).
Pittenweem.

Rosyth.

St. Andrews.
St. Monans.
Sinclairtown, Kirkcaldy - see Kirkcaldy.
Springfield, the Parish Church, on Manse Road. Jim Parker (2012). Link.
Strathkinness, the Parish Church (CoS) on Church Road, linked with Hope Park Church in St. Andrews. Another view. Link. The former United Free Church on Main Road, which has served as the village hall since 1938. Another view. All Jim Parker (2010).

Tayport, the Parish Church (CoS). Methodist Church. Our Lady, Star of the Sea (R.C.). Link. All Alan Craxford.
Troy Wood, Chapel at Scotland's Secret Bunker, now a Cold War museum. Interior view. NO 568 088. Both Jim Parker (2014). Link.

Upper Largo.

West Wemyss, St. Adrian's Parish Church (1890, CoS) on Main Street. This church is united with Buckhaven Parish Church. Another view. Both Jim Parker (2013). Link1. Link2.
Windygates, St. Kenneth (CoS) on Balcruvie Road was originally St. David's United Free Church, built 1926. Linked with St. Kenneth's Parish Church in Kennoway. Another view, also showing the church hall, which pre-dates the church itself, and which was originally a United Free Church Mission Hall. Link. All Jim Parker (2010).
Wormit, the Parish Church, on Riverside Road. Another view. Both Alan Craxford.

 

 
 

Home

14 April 2017

Steve Bulman

Contact Details